Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The First Date - Mini Golf at Trafalga

When your as good looking as me, it is abnormal to be afraid of asking a girl out.  I was scared out of my socks.  Katie and I continued to hang out in class, and study together, but we hadn't gone on an official date yet.  One day we were studying chemistry together for a while, and then we went seperate ways.  It was Tuesday, and every Tuesday evening I had Scandinavian Chior.  After class I went home rested for a little and then played basketball with my brother Hansen.  Thankfully Katie still lets me play basketball on Tuesday nights.  I definitely have my sister-inlaw Angie to thank for that.  This Tuesday, however, was going to be a little different.  It was this Tuesday that I would go on my first date with the future Mrs. Facer.  

Katie was a little stressed and common sense said that tonight was not the best night for a first date.  Common sense was wrong.  Onething about Katies is that she works really well when she has a goal in sight.  While that is true for a lot of people, it is especially true for Katie.  That is why, when I got home, I sent her a message promising some miniature golf if she finished her homework by a certain time.  I proposed this idea under the ruse that I was helping her finish her homework faster with a little motivation.   I didn't care about her homework, I just wanted to hang out with her.  I also believe that I had to finish my homework.  Well..... I didn't.  

Katie Wore a pair of jeans that would become my favorite, and a blue shirt with white stripes, or was it a white shirt with blue stripes??  Whatever it was, I liked it.  Lets just say that Katie is a haughty with a naughty baughty! 

 For the first 9 holes, Katie kicked my butt.  I knew I wouldn't lose though.  It was at this point that I knew I had Katie at her most vulnerable stage.  So I made a wager.  Whoever lost, had to give the winner a piggy-back ride to the car.   Katie foolishly accepted.  I bet you can guess the outcome.  Yup, I kicked her butt.  By a whole two points.  She took it like a champ though, and I got to enjoy a effortless ride to the car.  

I decided that I wasn't going to drag the date out, and that I wanted to leave Katie curious.  So I tookher home.  Wetalked about how much fun we had, but that was about it.  I dropped her off at her appartment, gave her a hug, and then went home. I didn't give her a kiss even though we had hung out a lot before our first date.  I actually didn't give her a kiss for a while after this date.  The forbidden fruit is always the sweetest.  

1 comment: