This entry might be pretty good. The most stressful/exciting part of a new relationship for me is breaking the touch barrier. Once I have found my niche I have no problem showing affection through touch, but the initial stages are soooo hard for me. To continue on with this amazing story I have been sharing with you, I will tell you how I broke the touch barrier.
Katie really likes the mystery science theater movies, while I am more partial to the Riff Trax version of making fun of terrible movies. Well we got talking about it one day, and she told me she had a Mystery Science Theater movie, and wanted to watch it (she was practically asking me out on a date but wanted me to say when=P). So I gave her a date, but was honestly worried about how it was going to go down. The problem was that I lived in my grandparents basement, I loved it, but you never know how a girl is going to react to that, especially when you have 4 other cousins living with you. Thankfully this night, Martin, Duncan, Jeffery, and Mitch were all either out, or in their rooms studying, or playing games. Tonight I was going to get my cuddle on!
I picked up Katie, brought her to the house, and then started setting up the movie. We did hit a little speed bump with my DVD player being programmed to play region 2 DVD's (so I can watch my European DVD's), so we had to reprogram it to region 1 before we could start. We also decided to make some popcorn so we did have to make a trip upstairs to the popcorn maker. Grandma was of course in her natural habitat (the kitchen, making food for either grandpa, a child, or a grandchild(we have tried to stop her, it doesn't work)), and was very excited to meet Katie. Her eyes lit up, and was so eager to teach Katie and I how to make popcorn. I was impressed again with how nice Katie is with everyone she meets, but I also noticed something else. Like me, she does not like to be told how to do something she thinks she can already do. She never said or did anything, but, as someone in her same position, I could tell it kind of irked her.
We were finally able to start watching the movie, and unlike most people, I don't let the awkward elephant just sit in the middle of the room, I talk about it. So I sat like a foot away from her and told her that I was going to sit that far apart from her the entire time just to make it awkward. I think Katie took me seriously at first, because she seemed a little bummed out. We talked of course and at one point she took a couch pillow to snuggle with. I had my plan, I was going to break the touch barrier with a pillow. If I took it away from her I knew I she would fight to have it back. In the end she didn't put up much of a fight, she just grabbed a hold of it, and when I wouldn't let go, just layed on my lap. As time went by we eventually got into your typical head on the shoulders snuggling. She just fit. I don't know how to describe it, but most people know what I am talking about. Sometimes you try snuggling with someone, and it just doesn't seam right, or its good, or its OK. Well Katie fit perfect. I enjoyed just cuddling with her, and the movie for the most part. It would have been better if I didn't have a voice in the back of my head questioning why I was trying to start another relationship again (I had shortly before decided to stop dating for a while, and just enjoy college single life).
After the movie, I took Katie home, and I bet Katie wishes that was the end of it........ When we got to her apartment, I got out of the car to say good bye, and gave her a hug. Before this our hugs were pretty business like: get in get out. Well this hug lingered a little, and was a little bit more like hey I'm starting to care for you. I guess for Katie though it was like, "I want you!" It might not have been that bad, but after we embraced she started to ask me if she could have a kiss! I felt like a champion! I didn't want to yet though, because I really like kissing, and I kind of made a habit of kissing for fun during my freshman year of high school. Even though I liked kissing, I also like really having feelings for a girl, and I wanted to have those feelings for Katie before I kissed her. That's what I told her, and it has worked out for me, so no regrets.
Plus it was only a week or two later that I finally kissed her.
Its so funny, when I read your entries I sit and feel like I'm reliving the memories. Especially this one!! Oh man... I hope no one in my office noticed my blush towards the end!
ReplyDelete